There are two primary steps when creating a PostgreSQL user. The
first step is to create a username and password combination for the
user. The second step is to add the user to the database you want the
user to access.
1. In the "New User" section, ENTER the username and password you want to use for this database in the "Username" and "Password" text boxes, respectively.
2. Next, CLICK on the Create User button.
3. You should see the following statement:
* "Added USERNAME with the password PASSWORD."
4. CLICK on the Go Back link.
5. FIND the "Add User To Database" section. SELECT the user you created in Step 6 above from the "User" drop down menu. Then SELECT the database you want to add the user to from the "Database" drop down menu.
6. Next, CLICK on the Submit button.
7. You should SEE the following statement:
* "User USERNAME was added to the database DATABASE."
8. CLICK on the Go Back link.
9. You should now SEE the user you created in Step 1 above in the "Users" column.