With this tool you can CREATE custom error pages to display when a user enters a wrong URL, an outdated URL or when the user is not authorized to access a specific directory of your web space.
Error Pages consists of the following five types of errors:
* 400 (Bad Request)
* 401 (Authorization required)
* 403 (Forbidden)
* 404 (Wrong page)
* 500 (Internal server error)
To CUSTOMIZE the error page, you can CLICK on the error page number (400, 401, 403, 404, 500) or the error page name (Bad Request, Authorization required, etc).
When the page loads, you have the following six tags available:
* Referring URL - Displays the url of the web site the visitor was previously viewing.
* Visitor's IP Address - Displays the IP address of the visitor viewing the error page.
* Requested URL - Displays the intended url the visitor is trying to view.
* Server name - Displays the web site's server name.
* Visitor's browser - Displays the visitor's browser type such as IE, FireFox, Netscape, etc.
* Redirect Status Code - This displays the type of code in the 300-307 range. To learn more about Redirection Status Code, VISIT the WikiPedia web page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes.
Modified on: Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.