The default email address (catch-all) will "catch" any mail that is sent to an invalid email address for your domain. All mail that is sent to an address that does not exist will go to the default email address.
This document shows you how to set the default address with the following options:
* Forward to an email address
* Discard (Delete Emails)
* Discard with error to sender)
* Pipe to a program
Setting Up the Default Email (Catch-All) Options
1. The first option is to "Send all unrouted e-mail for" a particular domain. Choose the domain you want to SETUP the "catch-all" email from the drop down menu.
2. Then choose one of the following options:
* Forward to an email address -CLICK on this option to forward all mail that is sent to an invalid email address to a particular email address that you choose. Then enter the email address you want the "catch-all" or default email to go to in the "Forward to email address" text box.
* Discard (Not Recommended) - SELECTthis option to have the system discard or delete all mail that is sent to an invalid email address. This option is not recommended as you may delete important email.
* Discard with error to sender (at SMTP time) - SELECT this option to have the system discard or delete all mail that is sent to an invalid email address. An error email message that you specify will be sent to the sender of the email. ENTER the error message you want the sender to see in the "Failure Message" (seen by sender) text box.
* Pipe to a program - SELECT this option to have the system send all invalid mail to that program or script on your server. Enter the path to the program or script in the text box.
3. CLICK on the Change button.
4. You will see a confirmation message based on the option you chose in Step 2 above.