To configure Microsoft Outlook Version 2000 to send and receive emails, FOLLOW these steps:
1. OPEN Microsoft Outlook Version 2000, CLICK on Tools and then CHOOSE Accounts. The following box will appear:
2. CLICK on the Mail tab and then CLICK on Add --> Mail. The following box appears:
3. Under Display name, TYPE in the name that you would like to appear in the from field of your outgoing messages.
4. CLICK Next. The following box appears:
5. ENTER the full address of your email account. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. CLICK Next. The following box appears:
7. In "My incoming mail server is a" field, LEAVE POP3. In the "Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server" field, ENTER yourdomain.com only and not www.yourdomain.com or mail.yourdomain.com.
In the "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server" field, ENTER your local ISP SMTP server. Sample of ISP SMTP is mail.yourISP.com or yourdomain.com. If domain is abc.com, ENTER abc.com. Do not enter www.yourdomain.com or mail.yourdomain.com.
8. CLICK Next. The following box appears:
9. In the "Account name" field ENTER your hosting account username if you want to check the email for the "default email account", or ENTER the full email address of an email account you created in your control panel (See Email Options.) In the "Password" field enter the password.
10. CLICK Next. The following box appears:
11. CHOOSE the connection type to the Internet. If you have a modem, CHECK "Connect using my phone line." If you are connected to a network or to the Internet with Cable Modem or DSL, CHECK "Connect using my local area network (LAN)." If you want to connect manually each time, CHOOSE the last option.
12. CLICK Next. The following box appears:
13. CLICK Finish.
Your Microsoft Outlook Version 2000 email configuration is now complete!
You will need to restart Microsoft Outlook Version 2000 before you can start sending and receiving email.